Centre for Holistic Education
There is a compelling need to evolve a more holistic approach, an enriching blend of academics and value initiatives. A profound understanding of this great country and its glorious culture forms the very foundation of value education. Imparting these time tested values is what makes education complete. This wholesome approach helps youngsters evolve into better human beings with character, integrity and social responsibility. These strong values are the bedrock on which a nation can progress towards prosperity and peace. For this purpose the Centre for Holistic Education was set up on 10 October 2014. It conducts special lectures and talks on Gender, Holistic Education and Human values, and Contemporary issues which are affecting the youth of the country, personality development workshops which are activity-based, celebrates days such as Vivekananda Jayanthi, National Youth Day and Gandhi Jayanthi etc.
- To tap the inner potential by building self-confidence and self-esteem in the students
- To encourage students to work for the benefit of the self and society
- To evolve students into good leaders in their chosen field
- To lead a purposeful and meaningful life with strong foundation of values
- Develop the spirit of patriotism and love for the country
- Develop a love for learning and a curiosity for knowledge
- Equip the students with values and skills for personal excellence to face the challenges in their personal and professional life.
Dr. Anuradha Ramanna
Department of Humanities
Mrs. Yamuna S
Department of English
- Talk on Women Empowerment and Rights and Duties by Ms. Rama Devi, District Legal Services Authority, Civil Courts, on 2 February 2014.
- Gender Sensitization programme for the B Com students on 8 April 2014. Pro. V.S. Elizabeth, Professor of History, National Law School of India University, Bangalore was the Guest Speaker.
- Gandhi Jayanthi Celebrations and Inauguration of the Centre for Holistic Education 10 October 2014
- Campaign on the Right to Water and Against Privatization of Water in Karnataka, Address by Dr. Kshitij Urs, Regional Head, ACTION AID, Bangalore, 23 January 2015
- Workshop in collaboration with Ramaiah College of Law. 9 April 2015
- Vivekananda Jayanti, 18 January 2016, Mr. Tejasvi Surya Addressed the Gathering
- DISHA Workshop on Myself, My Nation and My Culture, B A Students, 02/16/2016
- Talk on Importance of Human Rights on 18 July 2016. The Speaker was Mr. Vasudeva Sharma, Executive Director, Child Rights Trust, Bangalore
- Celebrated Vivekananda Jayanthi, 01/20/2017
- Talk on Ambedkar- His Political ideas and their Relevance by Prof. Haragopal, Visiting Faculty, NLSUI, Bangalore on 12 April 2017
- Workshop on Human Values in Collaboration with Ramakrishna Mission, Bangalore, 11 July 2017
- Professor Jeevan Kumar, Professor of Political Science spoken the relevance of Gandhi’s Ideas in Today’s Times on 5 October 2017.
- Two-Day Workshop on ” Holistic Personality Development” was conducted on 06/03/2018 for B Com, 07/03/2018 for B Com, B Sc, and M Sc students and on 15/03/2018 for MBA students in association with DISHA Charitable Trust for Value Initiatives
- Rekha, DISHA Charitable Trust for Value Education, addressed the students on 21 March 2018 on Human Values in Education.
- Value-Based Education-A Pressing need for Contemporary Times- A talk by Dr. Ajay Gudavarthy on 17 August 2018
- In Collaboration with DISHA Charitable Trust for Value Initiatives celebrated Vivekananda Jayanthi on 21 January Shri. Vinay KR and Shri Pramod of DISHA conducted the programme
- National Youth Day In Collaboration with DISHA Charitable Trust, 02/06/2019, Shri. Sulibele Chakravarthy addressed the Gathering.
- Guest Lecture on Sustainable Development by Prof. Lakshman, Professor of Political Science. Vivekananda Degree College, Bangalore, on 15 March 2019.
- In collaboration with DISHA Charitable Trust for Value Initiatives conducted a three-day workshop on “My Self. My Country and My Culture” Orientation for the First Year Degree Students on 20th , 23rd, and 24th of September 2019
- Vivekananda Jayanthi on 22 January 2020 in the A P J Abdul Kalam Auditorium. The programme was conducted in collaboration with Samarth Bharat. The Speaker of the day was Dr. Giridhara Upadhyaya, Professor of Microbiology, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, who spoke on the contemporary issues that are bothering the youth in today’ times.