- Qualifications: MSc, PhD
- Department: Department of Biotechnology & Genetics
- Designation:Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience: 6 Years
Guided the following projects:
- Studies on platelet activation and thrombotic parameters in cardiovascular diseases using flow cytometric approach
- Evolution of antibiotic resistance in bacteria under selection pressure.
- Evaluation of the antimicrobial activities of Ecliptia prostrata, Basella alba and Annona muricata by flow
- Genetics and epigenetics of Glioma cells
- Development of 16S rRNA and its PCR Detection Kit
- Polymorphism Analysis of GST T1 and GSTM1 Genes using Multiplex PCR Approach
Publications – Journals/ Conferences/ Seminars/ Books/ Others
- Anupama SK, Sowbhagya R, Anand S, Bhagyalakshmi D, Mamatha MG & Ravikiran T. Decalepishamiltonii and its bioactive compounds prevents isoproterenol induced myocardial oxidative stress in rats. Pharmacognosy Magazine (Dec, 2018; Under Review).
- Sowbhagya R, Anupama SK, Bhagyalakshmi D, Anand S & Ravikiran T. Modulatory Effects of Decalepis hamiltonii extract and its Compounds on the Antioxidant Status of the Aging Rat Brain. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences. 9: 8-15 (2017).
- Written an invited book chapter “Differential Expression of the Brain Proteome in Physical Training” for the book “Physical activity and Aging brain” edited by Dr. R.R Watson. Elsevier publication. January, 2017.
- Ravikiran T, Sowbhagya R, Anupama SK, Anand S & Bhagyalakshmi D. Age-related changes in the brain antioxidant status: Modulation by dietary supplementation ofDecalepis hamiltonii and physical exercise. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 419: 403-413 (2016).
- Ravikiran T, Shilpa S, Praveen kumar N, Sowbhagya R, Anand S, Anupama SK & Bhagyalakshmi D Antioxidant activity of Hemidesmus indicus (L.) R.Br. encapsulated Poly Lactide-Co-Glycolide (PLGA) nanoparticles. Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 11: 9-17 (2016).
- Santosh Anand, Vani Rajashekhariah & Ravikiran Tekupalli. Effect of age and physical activity on oxidative stress parameters in experimental rat model. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Physiology. 2: 185-190 (2015).
- Anand S, Devi SA & Ravikiran T. Differential expression of the cerebral cortex proteome in physically trained adult rats. Brain Research Bulletin. 104: 88-91 (2014).
- Subhojyoti Chatterjee, Akshaya Lakshmi Narasimhaiah, Sanjay Kundu & Santosh Anand. Anti hyperglycaemic study of natural inhibitors for Insulin receptor.Bioinformation. 8(24): 1195-1201 (2012).
Workshops / Seminars / Conferences – Attended
- Active participation in a Two Day Workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights” organized by Ramaiah Intellectual Property Rights Cell (RIPRC) in collaboration with KSCSTon 28th & 29th January, 2019.
- Participated in a One day (20th July, 2018) FDP on “Prerna – Journey from Teacher to Guru” organized by the Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Attended a workshop on “HANDS ON TRAINING IN HPLC” organized by Reva University, Bengaluru on 20th & 21st of April, 2018.
- Participated in Indian Science Academies Sponsored Lecture Workshop on “RECENT TRENDS IN CANCER BIOLOGY” held on 20-21 February, 2018 organized by Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Participated in a Two day (28th & 29th November, 2017) FDP on “Applications of MS Excel in Academics and Research” organized by the Department of Biotechnology, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Participated in a Three day FDP (14th, 15th & 16th, September, 2017) on “Meditation for Work-Life Balance” organized by the Department of English, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Participated in a Three day workshop and hands-on training on “MOLECULAR DOCKING, VIRTUAL SCREENING & COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY” held on 20th – 22nd February, 2017 jointly organized by Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences & Schrodinger.
- Participated in National Conference on “SECONDARY METABOLITES OF ENDOPHYTIC FUNGI/MEDICINAL PLANTS AND THEIR ANTICANCER PROPERTIES [SMEFAP]” held on 5th & 6th of March, 2015 jointly organized by the Department of Microbiology & Biotechnology under UGC-SAP DRS-1.
- Participated and presented poster in the 5th Annual Meeting of Proteomics Society of India on “Medical Proteomics” held at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) from 28th to 30th November, 2013.
- Participated in the “Metabolomics Satellite Meet”, organized by the Centre for Cellular & Molecular Platforms in collaboration with the 5th Annual Meeting of Proteomics Society of India, held on 27th November, 2013 at Centre for Cellular & Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), National Centre for Biological Sciences, India.
- Participated and presented poster in the International conference on “Recent Advances in Molecular Mechanisms in Neurological Disorders” organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India and Society for Neurochemistry, India (SNCI-2013).
- Participated and presented poster in the 5th annual meeting of Proteomics society of India on “Medical Proteomics” held at Indian Institute of Science (IISc) from 28th to 30thNovember 2013.
- Participated in the National conference on “Recent Discoveries in Protein Science” held at Karnataka State Higher Education Council, Bangalore on 31st January, 2013.
- Participated in conference on “Recent Trends in Genomics and Proteomics” conducted on 26th and 27th of May, 2011 by the Department of Microbiology & Biotechnology, Bangalore University and Indian Academy Degree college.
- Attended International conference on “Advances in Free Radical Research, Natural products, antioxidants and radioprotectors in health” & ninth annual meeting of the Society of Free Radical Research India, January 11-13, 2010, Hyderabad, India.
- Participated in “Neurobiology workshop”- 07th-21st September, 2009 organized under the auspices of Biochemistry Thrust Area of CAS Programme, Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
Active participation in the organization
- Actively participated as a member of the Organizing committee in “BIOBLOOMS-2016”
- Have been appointed as a Reviewer for “Journal of Circulating Biomarkers” SAGE Journals, since, April, 2018