- Qualifications: MSc, PhD
- Department: Department of Biotechnology / Genetics
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience: 15 Years ( Teaching,), 2 Years (Industry)
- Email: email@example.com
Academic / Professional Achievements
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognized for a phenomenal and worthy oral presentation on An exploratory field survey of 12 lakes of Bangalore, Karnataka, India at the 3rd World Congress on Climate Change and Global Warming held in Dubai, October 2017
- Selected for attending a National Workshop for Undergraduate Biology Teachers sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology, INSPIRE and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune. India. January 2012
- Awarded Gold Medal for securing highest ranking during the Masters in Biotechnology, from APS University, Rewa (Madhya Pradesh), October 2000
Publications – Journals/ Conferences
- Pant, G., Chauhan, U., Malla, S., Banupriya, S., and Pati, R. 2017. “Heat shock proteins in Cassia species.” Biotechnology Journal International 17(4): 1-10. Article no.BJI.31006.
- Pant, G., Shafras, M., Rafeek, R. 2017. “Monoclonal Antibodies and Its Clinical Aspects.” J Pharm Care 5(1-2): 29-36.
- Pant, G., Mahroof, S., and Rafeek, R. 2016. “Monoclonal antibodies: an emerging immunotherapy technology.” European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 3(4): 134–143.
- Pant, G., Maheswari, S., and Pooja and Jhansi, G. 2016. “Generation of bioelectricity and simultaneous treatment of waste water using microbial fuel cells (MFC).” Journal of Advances in Biology and Biotechnology 10(4): 1–9. DOI: 10.9734/JABB/2016/30927 ISSN 2394-1081.
- Pant, G., Maheswari, U., Anjum, J., and Pasha, A. 2016. “Microbial fuel cells: a new dimension of sustainable development.” European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 3(9): 194–199. ISSN 2349-8870.
- Pant, G., Simaria, C., Varsi, A., Bhan, P., and Sibi, G. 2015. “In vitro anti-cholesterol and antioxidant activity of methanolic extracts from flax seeds (Linumusitatissimum L.).” Research Journal of Medicinal Plant 9(6): 300–306.
- Pant, G., Simaria, C., Sibi, G. 2015. “Characterization and Evaluation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) Degrading Bacteria Isolated from Oil Contaminated Soil.” Appli Micro Open Access 1(1): 104. doi:10.4172/1000104
- Pant, G., Pandey, P., and Sibi, G. 2014. “Isolation and characterization of bifenthrin catabolizing bacterial strain Bacillus cibi from soil for pyrethroids biodegradation.” OnLine Journal of Biological Sciences 14: 188–195.
- Pant, G., Rahman, H., Vijaya, B., Ghosh, S., and Sibi, G. 2014. “In vitro studies on antioxidant, hypolipidemic and cytotoxic potential of Parmelia perlata.” American Journal of Life Sciences 2(4): 7–10.
- Pant, G. and Kabade, U. 2014. “Micropropagation of Artocarpus lakoocha Roxb (Monkey jack) through shoot bud culture.” Tree Genetics and Molecular Breeding 4: 1–6.
- Pant, G. and Sanjana, W.K. 2014. “Edible vaccines: a boon to medical science.” International Journal of Current Agricultural Research 3(5): 76–80.
- Pant, G., Malla, S., and Chauhan, U. 2014. “Comparative analysis of heat treatments on morphology of selected Cassia species.” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 7(2): 62–67.
- Pant, G., Sibi, G., George, S.A., Bhadran, S., and Chauhan, U. 2014. “Variations in biochemical attributes of Cassia tora L. and Cassia. auriculata L. under temperature stress.” American Journal of Life Sciences 2(4): 16–21. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajls.s.20140204.14.
- Pant, G., Hafizur, R., Vijaya, B., Soumya, G., Sandeep, K., Sibi, G. 2014. “Antioxidant, Cytotoxic and Hypolipidemic Activities of Plumeria alba L. and Plumeria rubra L.” American Journal of Life Sciences Special Issue: Recent Developments in Health Care through Plants and Microbes. 2(4): 11-15. doi: 10.11648/j.ajls.s.20140204.13
- Pant, G., Mistry, S., and Sibi, G. 2013. “Isolation, identification and characterization of p,p-DDT degrading bacteria from soil.” Journal of Environmental Science and Technology 6(3): 130–137.
- Pant G., Hemalatha, S., Arjunan, S., Malla, S., and Sibi, G. 2013. “Effect of heat stress in synthesis of heat shock proteins and antioxidative enzyme response in Trigonella foenum-graceum L.” Journal of Plant Sciences 1(4): 51–56.
- Pant, G., Krishna, S., Babasaheb, S., Rajashekar P., Sibi, G. 2013. “In vitro α-Amylase and α-Glucosidase Inhibitor Activity of Abutilon Indicum Leaves” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 6 Suppl 5: 22-24.
- Pant, G. and Ugam, K. Chauhan. 2013 “Germination behavior of Cassia tora seeds in various pre-sowing treatment methods.” International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 4(3): 773–778.
- Pant, G., Malla, S., Aruna, J. and UgamKumari Chauhan. 2012. “Effect of dry heat treatments on viability and vigour of Cassia tora L. seeds.” International Journal of Biosolutions 2/1//002: 58–64.
Publications –Conferences / Seminars/ Symposia/ Posters
- October 2017 – Presented a paper on “An exploratory field survey of 12 lakes of Bangalore, Karnataka, India” at the “3rd World Congress on Climate Change and Global Warming” held in Dubai, UAE.
- September 2017 – Presented a paper on “Importance of Eco-criticism in Understanding our Relationship with Nature” at Contemporary Musings on Literatures of World organized by the Department of English, IADC-Autonomous, Bangalore
- September 2017 – Presented a paper on “Folklore of Kumaon: The Land of Dev Bhoomi” at Contemporary Musings on Literatures of World organized by the Department of English, IADC-Autonomous, Bangalore
- March 2015 – Presented a paper entitled “In-Vitro anti cancer activity of isoflavones in cancer cells, at UGC sponsored National Conference, Bangalore”
Seminars /Conferences / Workshops / FDP / Others – Attended
- February 2018-Attended a state level Faculty Development Programme “GNAN” at Sacred Heart Girls First Grade College, Bangalore.
- August 2017 – Participated in ‘SRUJANA’ Annual faculty Development Programme organised by IADC, Bangalore
- April 2016 – Attended a National Conference on” Challenges and Opportunities in Quality production of Pomegranate” at Maharashtra
- February 2015 – Presented a poster in UGC sponsored National Conference “Phytochemicals and Functional foods: Current situation and Future Prospects” at Mysore
- April 2014 – Attended a National Seminar on” Higher Education Transformation in India : Changing Contexts and Institutional Responses” at Bangalore University, Bangalore
- February 2014 – Participated in an International Seminar on “Sandal Wood : Current Trends and Future Prospects” organized by Institute of Wood science and Technology (IWST), Bangalore
- December 2012 – Attended a UGC sponsored National workshop on “Basic techniques in Isolation, purification and characterization of Proteins” Organized by JSS COLLEGE OF ARTS, COMMERCE AND SCIENCE, Mysore
- January 2012 – Participated in a Workshop For “Undergraduate Biology Teachers” Organized by IISER, DST, INSPIRE at MES AG College, Pune
- September 2011 – Attended a 2 Day Practical Program in UGC Sponsored National level workshop on “Molecular Markers” Organized by the Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology at St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore
- March 2009 – Participated in a 2 day UGC sponsored Workshop entitled “Analysis of Restriction Sites using Molecularbiology Techniques” organized by Department of Biotechnology at S.S.M.R.V. Degree College, Bangalore
- August 2010 – Attended a National seminar on “Quality Management in Higher Education” and presented a Paper entitled “Teaching methodologies in Higher Education” at IADC, Bangalore
- Life member of “The Indian Science Congress Association” (Membership No. : L36300)
- Reviewer in Science Domain international journals.