Academic / Professional Achievements
Membership of Professional Organisations:
- Life Member of KALA – Karnataka State Library Association, Bangalore. India.
- Life Member of ILA – Indian Library Association, New Delhi. India.
- Online Member of e-Granthalaya Libraries Network – An initiative from National Information Centre, Government of India.
- Online Member of LIS Forum and LIS Links.
- During my professional career I was carrying out the regular day to day library activities including maintenance of special, engineering and academic libraries, procurement, processing of books and periodicals, supervision of special collections, binding unit etc.,
- Mange the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of library & Information services
- Provide effective access to library collection and resources
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- Maintain the organization of library materials
- Conducted the book fair annually and maintain healthy relationships with management board
- Implementation of library automation software and computerized accounting for library
- Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Passed the Examination of Hindi Rashtrabhasha Pariksha (हिंदी राष्ट्रभाषा परीक्षा) in 16th October, 1999 under the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Madras. Tamil Nadu, India.
- Qualified the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Certificate ‘C’ Examination in ‘B’ Grade held in February 19, 2003 under the authority of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- Completed a period of two years as a National Service Scheme (NSS) Volunteer from 2003 to 2005 in Degree studying time at Sri Gavisiddeshwar College, Koppal. Affiliated to Gulbarga University, Gulbarga. Karnataka.
Foreign Country Visited on Academic & Research Tour:
Thailand: February, 2013 – Assumption University, Suvarnabhumi Campus, Bangkok.
- Maintenance of Library Automation Software: KOHA, LibSys, SOUL, LibSoft, EasyLib.
- Searching of Database (CD-ROM) and Using the Barcode Technology.
- Using computer – MS Office Package, Database Management System, based technologies to locate, manipulate, access, evaluate, store, scan, communicate and retrieve informatio
- Using of web tools and services: Wikipedia, Content Management System, Social Networking and e-Mail.
- Managing Electronic Resources: OPAC, WebOPAC, E-Books, Online Journals, Online Databases, ETD, Digital Archives, Library Networks, Library Consortium.
- Managing ICT based Library Services: Information Retrieval, E-Document Delivery System, Digital Reference Service, Current Awareness Services, SDI Services.
- Networking with libraries
- Library management
- Organization, evaluation and good research skills
- Technical knowledge and training
- Interpersonal skills
- ‘Cyber Cafes in Gulbarga City: A Study ’, Project undertaken as a part of the Master Degree.
- Participated in the ‘International Conference on 62nd Indian Library Association Conference 2017 – Gearing up for the Future: Library initiatives for Digital India’, organized by the Department of Library and Information Science, Karnataka State Women’s University, Vijayapura and Indian Library Association (ILA), New Delhi, held from February 9-11, 2017.
- Attended the ‘4th International Convention on Dynamic Interoperable Web Based Information Systems, CALIBER–2006’ held at Gulbarga University, from February 2-4, 2006 jointly organized by Gulbarga University and INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmadabad. Gujarat.
- Participated at 10th Annual Conference of KHSLA – 2018, on the theme ‘Library – As an Information Service Platform’, organized by Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru – 560 054 on February 23-24, 2018.
- Participated in the ‘National Conference on Research, Consultancy and Innovation in Higher Educational Institution – Issues and Challenges’, organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell of M.S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce on April 5, 2016.
- Participated in the ‘National Conference on Redefining Libraries in Electronic Age’, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belguam. Karnataka, on December 20-21, 2013.
- Participated in the ‘National Conference on Indian Academic Libraries-2020’ from August 12-14, 2010 held at Birla Auditorium, Tumkur. Karnataka, India.
- Participated in 3rd National Seminar on New Methodology of Assessment & Accreditation by NAAC – Issues and Challenges organized by IQAC, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bengaluru on April 11, 2019.
- Completed workshop on Leadership and Organisational Behavoiur conducted by C-LAB, Air Force Administrative College, Coimbatore at Air Force Station Tambaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu on October 16-17, 2018.
- Attended the DELNET Workshop cum Orientation Programme organized in Collaboration with Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham held at Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru, on May 21, 2009.
- Participated in one day symposium on GST – A Review organized by Department of Commerce and Management, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bengaluru on November 13, 2017.
- Participated in the One Day Basic Training Programme on Human Rights organized by Brindavan College, in association with National Human Rights Commission held at Brindavan College, Bengaluru. Karnataka on August 14, 2019.
- Attended the Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Intellectual Property Rights: Driving Patents and Profitability, the IPR Way’ organized by the Department of PG Studies, Brindavan College, Bangalore on January 31, 2017.
- Attended the Three Day Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Research Process, Technical Paper Writing & Patenting conducted by Research and Development (R&D) Centre, MSEC, Bengaluru. Sponsored by AICTE, Supported by ISRO and DRDO on January 22-24, 2014.
- Attended the Training Program on Right Approach to Civil Services and Competitive Examinations held at Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi. Karnataka, on March 9-11, 2007.
- Attended the Crash Course on Communication Skills for Library and Information Science Students held at Department of PG Studies and Research in Library and Information Science, Gulbarga University, Kalaburagi. Karnataka conducted from February 10-11, 2007.