Duration of course - 4 years Multidisciplinary Programme - BSc Honours
About the Department
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry started at M.S Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce in the year 1994 with UG Chemistry course. Currently, department offers UG and PG in both Chemistry & Biochemistry discipline. The department is represented with a strong team of teaching fraternity who are highly qualified and experienced. Our faculty are using most contemporary tools of teaching pedagogy including ICT enabled learning, different molecular models and softwares to explain molecular structures to give students, a better clarity of conceptual understanding. Department has intensive proctorial system to conduct timely parent-teacher’s meetings, student counselling and monitor student progress. Students are continuously fostered to participate in value added programs, workshops, career trainings and to have several industrial visits to inculcate an exposure to more realistic applications of their classroom theory. Rasayinika – club has been initiated to explore chemistry-biochemistry aspects through fun-filled activities.
Department has collaboration with Biocon Academy to train postgraduates with job assistance. Our department is recognized under DBT-STAR college scheme. There are several university ranks have been consistently secured by our students of all batches. Department has seed money grants, KSCST, SERB-TARE and KSTA pilot projects to conduct research. Our alumni have been placed in national and internationally reputed industries including Cipla, Biocon, Syngene, Intas Pharmaceuticals, ITC etc. Our students are pursuing Ph.D at University of Kentucky, USA; Hanyang University, South Korea; Central University of Tamil Nadu and other reputed universities.
Subjects Offered - Discipline Specific Core
- Biotechnology / Chemistry
- Microbiology / Chemistry
- Biotechnology / Microbiology
- Genetics / Microbiology
- Genetics / Biochemistry
- Microbiology / Biochemistry
To be chosen from a range of subjects available in the college in disciplines other than the Discipline Specific Core.
Ability Enhancement (4 Semesters)
- Generic English
Indian Languages (That studied in PU / 12th Grade)
- Environmental Studies
- Constitution of India
- Digital Fluency
- Health and Fitness
- NCC/ NSS/ YRC
- 10+2 level (Karnataka PUC, ISCE, CBSE, NIOS, other State Boards), and any recognized bodies in India. It is compulsory to have studied any two subjects – Biology,Botany and Zoology at the Class 12th Level.
- Candidates writing the +2 examinations in March-May 2023 may apply with their class X and XI marks.
- Students pursuing International curriculum must note that eligibility is according to AIU stipulations.
- Applicants pursuing IB curriculum must have 3 HL and 3 SL with 24 credits.
- Applicants pursuing GCE / Edexcel must have a minimum of 3 A levels with a grade not less than C.
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||Total||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||Total|
|BSc(Life Science)||220||80000 Rs||75000 Rs||75000 Rs||75000 Rs||305000 Rs||110000 Rs||75000 Rs||75000 Rs||75000 Rs||335000 Rs|
Dr. Surendra A.S
Will be published soon.