- Qualifications: MSc, PhD
- Department: Department of Biotechnology & Genetics
- Designation: Professor and Head
Awards and Honours awarded by the Professional Societies
- The Jawaharlal Nehru National Award 1993 for Outstanding Post-Graduate Agricultural Research for 1993” for the significant research contribution in Genetic and Plant Breeding, at the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore (1983-93). Award given away by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi, INDIA. 1993.
- Environmental Mutagen Society Travel Award1989 Awarded by the Environmental Mutagen Society, USA, for the “mutation research work” carried out at West Virginia University, Morgantown, USA.
- Selected as “Scientist (S-1)” by Agricultural Research Service (A.R.S) Examination, Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board, I.C.A.R., New Delhi, INDIA, 1984
- ICAR “Senior Research Fellow” 1983-86.Awarded by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, INDIA.
- ICAR “Junior Research Fellow” 1981 – 83.Awarded by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi, INDIA
Awards and Honours:Awarded by the Scientific and Voluntary Organizations
- “Life TimeAchiever Award” (Framed shield & Certificate): In the area of “Quality Enhancement in Academic Research”. Organized by the Indian Academic Researchers Association, Tiruchirappalli, TN. On 21st April, 2018, at Syed Husainuddin Hall, Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirappalli. The award was presented by Prof. C.V. Raghuveer,Vice Chancellor, Sri DevarajUrs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Tamaka, Kolar and many other distinguished dignitaries,professors and scientists such as Dr.Raguraman, Professor IBRA college of Technology Sultanate of Oman, Dr. N. Murugeswari, Professor of Women Studies Bharathidasan University, Dr. C. Paramasivan, organizing secretary IARA, Etc
- “Life TimeAchievement Award” (Memento, Medal & Certificate):In the area of Agriculture - Biotechnology, for his contribution in the field of Mutation Research. Organized by the Centre for Advanced Research and Designby Venus International Foundation. On 9thJuly, 2016, at Green Park, Chennai. The award was presented by Hon'ble Thiru Justice T.N. Vallinayagam, Judge LokAdalat High Court of Madras, India,flanked by distinguished scientists such as Prof. Manoj Gupta-National University of Singapore, Prof. Matthew Hibberd -University of Stirling, Scotland, Prof.MutharasuDevarajan-University Science Malaysia and Prof. Ahmed Ammar, University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia.
- “Global Indian Achiever Award” (Memento and Certificate) by ELS International Education Pathways Private Limited, Bangalore, The Capital Hotel, Raj Bhavan Road, Bengaluru. 22nd November, 2015.
- “Best Personalities of India Award” (Memento & Gold Medal) Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of felicitation, at the national level seminar on ‘Economic Growth and National Unity’ organized by the Friendship Forum of India, New Delhi - on January 31, 2015
- “Indira Gandhi Award for excellence to men and women of India”. (Memento & Gold Medal),Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of felicitation, at the national level seminar on ‘Economic Growth and National Unity’ organized by the Friendship Forum of India, New Delhi - on January 31, 2015
- “Bharat Excellence Award” (Memento & Gold Medal), Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of felicitation, at the national level seminar on ‘Economic Growth and National Unity’ organized by the Friendship Forum of India, New Delhi - on January 31, 2015 held at C D. Deshmukh Memorial Auditorium, the India International Centre, New Delhi. Award was presented by Mr. G. V. G. Krishnamurthy, former Election Commissioner of India and Honourable Ch. Randhir Singh, Former Governor (Sikkim), flanked by well-known dignitaries from the civil society in science, legislatures, literature, health and social welfare on the dais.
- ”Rashtriya Rattan Award” (Memento & Gold Medal), Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of Felicitation, during the national level seminar on ‘Economic Growth and National Unity’ organized by the Friendship Forum of India, New Delhi - on January 31, 2015 held at the India International Centre, New Delhi. The award was presented by Mr. G. V. G. Krishnamurthy, former Election Commissioner of India and Honourable Ch. Randhir Singh, Former Governor (Sikkim), flanked by well-known dignitaries from the civil society in science, legislatures, literature, health and social welfare on the dais.
- “Mother Teresa Excellence Award 2013” Memento andCertificate of Excellence, presented by Integrated Council for Socio-Economic Progress, Thrissur, Kerala, at a seminar on “India’s Development – Current Scenario” held at Bangalore.The award was given away by Mr. M.V. Rajasekharan, former Union Minister of State for Planning, Government of India. A notable presence at the event was Dr.PremNath, Former Assistant. Director General, FAOUN & Chairman, P.N. Agricultural Science Foundation, Bangalore, and Dr.Selvi Das, former Vice Chancellor, Mysore University, Mysore and member of Rajya Sabha.Bangalore, 15th December 2013.
- “Best Citizens of India Award 2013” The International Publishing House, New Delhi, the world’s most leading biographical specialists, does here by proclaim that Dr. Channarayappahas been conferred with The Best Citizen of India award 2013.
- “Mahatma Gandhi EktaSamman” Gold plaque & Certificate of Excellence, Inrecognition ofcontribution and dedication to worthy causes and your achievements in keeping the flag of India High. The award was presented by Justice O.P. Verma, Former Governor of Punjab.The function was graced by Dr.BhishmaNarain Singh, former Union minister and ExGovernor of Tamil Nadu and Assam, andShri MurlidharChandrakantBhandare, a former Rajya Sabha member, Senior Advocate of Supreme Court of India and President of Supreme Court Bar Association, former Governor of Odisha, at a National Seminar on “Economic Growth & National Integration” held on October 3, 2013 at New Delhi
- “Shiksha Rattan Puraskar” Gold plaque & Certificate of Excellence, For Meritorious Service, Outstanding Performance and Remarkable Role. The award was presented by General (Retd.) J. J. Singh, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, Former Chief of Army staffandFormer Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.The function was graced byDr. BhishmaNarain Singh, Former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Assam and Maj. Ved Prakash, AICC Secretary, at a seminar on Economic Growth and National Integration,Organized by India International Friendship Society, at New Delhi, on 24th August, 2013.
- “Glory of India Gold Medal”,Presented forIndividual Excellence in Recognition of Sterling Merit Excellent Performance and Out Standing Contribution for the Progress of the Nation and Worldwide.The award was presented by Dr. BhishmaNarain Singh, Former Governor of Tamil Nadu & Assam.The function was graced by General (Retd.) J.J. Singh, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, Former Chief of Army staff & Former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh and Maj. Ved Prakash, AICC Secretary, atSeminar on Economic Growth & National Integration, Organized by India International Friendship Society, New Delhi, 24th Aug, 2013.
- The Patent Journal: ISSUE NO. 42/2015 FRIDAY DATE: 16/10/2015, Page No. 57062
AFFILIATIONS TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
|Editorial Board of National/International Journals|
|2015||Member editorial Board:South Asian Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies (SAJMS). ISSN: 2349-7858. Website:www.sajms.com, Email-id:firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2014||Member editorial Board: International Review of Applied Biotechnology and Biochemistry. ISSN 2349-9532. Special Issue Volume 2 (1), 2014.http://www.deltonbooks.com|
|2014||Member, Editorial Board: AE International Journal of Science and Technology. http:// www.aeijst.inEditorial Board.htm|
|2012-13||Special Issue Editors: Alex Georgakilas and Channarayappa (2012) Recent Advances in Health, Agriculture and Environmental Biotechnology 3(5):S122S232, Journal of Biochemical Technology, An open access peer reviewed rapid publication International Journal, ISSN: 0974-2328, 2012 Impact factor 0.9032.http:// www.jbiochemtech.com/spissue/specialissues2.html|
|2013||Member, Editorial Board: M. S. R. Journal ofEngineering and Technology Research. An Open Access Journal, Online ISSN: 2321-6751, Print ISSN: 2321-6050. M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru – 560054.http://www.msrjetr.in/|
|2013||Member, Editorial Board: Journal of Plant breeding and Genetics. Open Access International Journal.ISSN: 2305297X.http://escijournals.net/JPBG/about/editorialTeam|
|Memberships in Professional Societies/Associations|
|2017||Life Member: National Academy of Biological Sciences (NABS), C/o World Noni Research Foundation, 12, Rajiv Gandhi Road, Perungudi, Chennai-600 096. Membership No.LM-015-17|
|2014||Member, International Association of Engineers (IAENG).Membership Number: 139664|
|2013||Life Member: “The Indian Science Congress Association”14, Dr.BireshGuha Street, Kolkata-700 017, Agriculture and Forest Science,Membership No.: L22346|
|1999||Life Member: “Institution of Agricultural Technologists”, 15 Millers Tank Bed, Queens Road Bangalore-52, Membership No.: C-071/1404|
|1998||Life Member: “The Mysore Horticultural Society”, Golden Jubilee Hall, Lalbagh, Bangalore – 04, Membership No.: LM/1046|
|1996||Life Member: “Alumni Association” University of Agricultural Sciences, Hebbal, Bangalore – 34, No.C-40|
RADIO/TV/SATELLITE PRGRAMS GIVEN
VTU NPTEL-NMEICT Project (2013-14), Preparation of Quadrant 2, 3 & 4, Biochemistry –I,VTU E-Learning Centre, Hanchya, Sathagaly Layout, Ring Road, Mysore – 570 019.
EDUSAT: Recognized as a Subject Expert by the VTU, Belgaum to deliver a series of lectures in the Edusat (Programme 11 and 12), a satellite based real-time distance education program of the University. Delivered a series of lectures(9 video-lectures in (06BT55) Genetic Engineering and Applications), 23rd August to 9th September 2010, VTU studio, DSERT, Bangalore.
- Actively involved Krisimela assignments, conducted at Agriculture College, UAS, Dharwad
- Ten days’ village stay for teachers in Kaginele Village, Haveri district, Karnataka. Supervised and advised 50 students of final year agriculture undergraduate students, during the Rural Agriculture Work Experience (RAWE) for the students, under the University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, between August 27 and September 3, 2017.
Performing other works: Tour Leaders/Coordinators & Assistant Coordinators of Examination Tour Leader
|19-23 April, 2014||Dubai (UAE)||Manipal University, Dubai Biotech and research park, etc.Manipal University Dubai.||Educational Tour||BE Biotechnology, UG Students|
|29 June, 2013||Hassan, Karnataka||Biofuel Park, Agriculture Research Station, Madenur, Hassan, Karnataka||Educational Tour||M.Tech Biotech, PG Students|
|10 June, 2011||Panaji-Goa, and Pune-Maharastra State||The National Institute of Oceanography (NIO), Dona Paula; United Breweries Group,BethoraPonda,Mpro Garden.||Educational Tour||BE Biotechnology, UG Students|
Channarayappa (2006) MOLECULAR BIOTECHNOLOGY: Principles and Practices. p1217, Published by Universities Press (India) Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad, India. Worldwide publishing: CRC Press/ Taylor and Francis Group.ISBN 13: 9781420051575ISBN 10: 1420051571 Reviewed: P. KHURANA and J. P. KHURANA*, Department of Plant Molecular Biology, University of Delhi South Campus,New Delhi-110 021, India. *e-mail: email@example.com. Current Science, 94(3), 10 February 2008, p392.
Channarayappa (2010) CELL BIOLOGY, p624, Published by Universities Press (India) Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad, India. Distributed by Orient Blackswan.ISBN 13: 9788173717161ISBN 10: 8173717168, Dimensions (cm): 27.9 x 21.6 Reviewed: Hemalatha Reddy, Department of Biochemistry, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, DhaulaKuan, New Delhi-110 021, India. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgCurrent Science, Vol., 100(5), 10 MARCH 2011, p771
Channarayappaand DP Biradar(2015) MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, p508, Published by University Press (India) Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad India, Distributed by Orient Blackswan, ISBN 978 81 7371 946 2.Dimensions (cm): 27.9 x 21.6 Reviewed: Anurag Agrawal, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Near Jubilee Hall, Mall Road, New Delhi-110007, India. E-mail: email@example.comCurrent Science, Vol., 108(12), 25 June 2015, p2276
Channarayappa (2019) Soil Basics, Management and Rhizosphere Engineering for Sustainable Agriculture, p928, Publisher: CRC PR INC, ISBN-13: 978-1-13848692-8 (Hardback), ISBN-10: 1138486922, Dimensions (cm): 27.9 x 21.6, Cat log No. K349522.
Books Chapters Published
BinduSadanandan and Channarayappa (2012) Antinutritional factors and the hidden hunger. In Prevention and Control of Malnutrition and Food Adulteration: Challenges and Solutions: Proceedings of the IAPEN 1st Annual Meet and International conference. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform,USA, pp98, ISBN: 978-1481092524
Edited: Project Reports, BE Biotechnology, MSRIT
Channarayappa and Sharath R (2009-10) “BE Biotechnology Students Project Reports”, Vol. 1, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore-54.
Channarayappa, Sharath R and Harish BG (2010-11) “BE Biotechnology Students Project Reports”, Vol. 2, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore54.
Channarayappa, Sharath R and Harish BG (2011-12) “BE Biotechnology Students Project Reports”, Vol. 3, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore54.
Channarayappa, Sharath R and Harish BG (2012-13) “BE Biotechnology Students Project Reports”, Vol. 3, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore54.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOMPLISHMENTS & INSTITUTIONAL ASSIGNMENTS