MR. K R DASEGOWDA
- Qualifications: MSc, MPhil, PGDBI, (PhD)
- Department: Department of Biotechnology/ Genetics
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience: 17 Years
- Email: email@example.com
Academic / Professional Achievements
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Invited Speaker as a resource person of an International Webinar Conference on "Impact of Natural Bioactive Compounds for the Treatment of COVID-19: Diagnostic Challenges and Futuristic Perspectives" held on 30th and 31st May 2020 organized by Hericure Healthcare, Pune and University of KwaZulu- Natal, Durban (South Africa).
- Long service award in appreciation of 14 years’ service to New Horizon College of Engineering on 5th September 2018.
- Participated as a delegate, invited lecture a scientific session at the National level workshop on Bioinformatics- An interface between Biology and Computer Science, Department of Biotechnology, University college of Science and centre for Industrial Biotechnology, Tumakur, on 28th and 29th March 2016.
- Resource person, seminar cum workshop on computational biology applications held at Maharani Lakshmi Ammani College for women Bangalore, 14th to 15th February 2014.
- Presented talk on Bioinformatics tools in the National workshop, Bioinformatics technique in drug designing 19th and 20th July 2012, Organized by Dept. of Botany, St Joesphs College, Bangalore.
- Faculty excellence award in the department of Biotechnology awarded by New Horizon College of Engineering in the year 2007.
- Exploration and evaluation of bioactive phytocompounds against BRCA proteins Insilico approach. Prabhavathi, H., Dasegowda, K. R., Renukananda, K. H., Lingaraju, K., &Naika, H. R. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics, Taylor and Francis 1-15, 2020.
- Molecular assessment of protective effect of Vitexnegundo in ISO induced myocardial infarction in rats, R Mopuri, M Pulaganti, MA Kareem, MS Islam, KR Dasegowda, M Irene, Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 92, 249-253, 2017.
- Protective effect of Fagonia arabica against Isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in Albino rat model. KR Dasegowda, PE Maruthi, MD Rahmathulla SB, KLakahmi Devi, International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 2016.
- Docking studies using mef2a and Myeloperoxidase as target proteins for myocardial infarctionK.R.Dasegowda, SnehalathaNadigar, RahilaBanu, SanthaLakshmi.N, Nithin, International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, 2014.
- Alzheimer’s disease and its potential drug targets - review articleK.R.Dasegowda, SnehalathaNadigar, RahilaBanu, MridulaTripati, International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology, 2014.
- Extraction of polysaccharides from vegetable wastes and chemical, physicalproperties of Bioplastic,K.R.Dasegowda, Prathik.K.V, IfraNihad, Rajani.S 36th series Student Project Program Technical Record, 2013.
- In silico modelling of lamine, nebulette and taffazin proteins related to cardiomyopathy by using bioinformatics toolsK.R.Dasegowda, T.V. Ranganathan, Mathews P. Raj international journal of Biological research 1 (Issue 1 & 2), 2013.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS ATTENDED
- Participated & completed successfully AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on "Genome Engineering & Technology" from 28th September 2020 to2nd October 2020 at University BDT College of Engineering
- Participated in FDP on promoting varied approaches for promoting varied approaches for teaching learning process, NHQASDC, NHCE, Bangalore 9th to 16th January 2019
- Participated in FDP on performance enhancement organized by NHQASDC, NHCE, Bangalore 16th to 18th July 2018
- Participated in FDP on research frontiers in AI held on 20th January 2018 at NHCE Bangalore
- Participated in FDP on preparation of rubrics an assessment tool organized by NHQASDC, NHCE Bangalore 8th to 9th Jan 2018.
- Participated in one week FDP program on Biomolecular separation techniques conducted by Department of Biotechnology, BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore, 27th 3rd March 2017.
- Participated in FDP program on “ Andragogical Approaches to Teaching Process” organized by NHQASDC, NHCE Bangalore on 27th July to 19th August 2017.
- Participated in the FDP on 11th February 2012 organized by Centre for innovation and entrepreneurship, NHCE Bangalore
- Participated in FDP programme on computational drug design from 7th to 9th September 2009 conducted by Department of Biotechnology, SirMVIT, Bangalore.
- Participated in FDP on 9th February 2006 organized by Department of Biotechnology, NHCE Bangalore.
- Participated in FDP on 25th to 26th February 2005 jointly organized by the Department of Biotechnology and Department of Chemical engineering, MS Ramaiah institute of technology, Bangalore.
- Participated in the International Workshop on ‘Whole Genome assembly, Annotation, Comparative Genomics, Machine Learning, and Immunoinformatics’ organised by Nextgenhelper, New Delhi on 25th to 28th July 2020
- Participated in NSE DBT Nano-biotechnology Alliance (C-DNA) inaugural workshop at Centre for Nano Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on 4th and 5th November 2019
- Participate the one day FDP on E-resource and digital content held on September 21st 2019 at Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce.
- Participated in the international one day workshop on innovative lead optimization and candidate selection on 6th October 2017 at SirMVIT, Bangalore.
- Participated in domain based training programme “ Ayur informatics a rational approach for drug discovery” Department of Biotechnolgy, New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore on 14th October 2017.
- Participated as a delegate, invited lecture a scientific session at the National level workshop on Bioinformatics- An interface between Biology and Computer Science, Department of Biotechnology, University college of Science and centre for Industrial BT 28th and 29th March 2016.
- Presented talk on Bioinformatics tools in the National workshop, Bioinformatics technique in drug designing 19th and 20th July 2012, St Joesphs College, Bangalore.
- Participated in the Short term training program on Biomaterials and tissue engineering organized by the AICTE and Department of Biotechnology IIT Madras, Chennai 6th 10th February 2012
- Participated in technological update on advances in chromatography and Environmental analysis Department of Biotechnology BMS college of Engineering with MERCK Millipore 15th September 2012 at BMSCE, Bangalore
- Participated in two day workshop on drug development mouse to man 25th November 2011, St Johns medical college auditorium complex, Bangalore
- Participated in lecture workshop genetic transformation and transgenic plant concepts application and concern, 7th to 9th September 2010, VIT university, Vellore, TN
- Participated in 2days workshop practical aspects of pilot scale chromatography 10th and 11th May 2010, Biozeen, Bangalore
- Participated in mission 10x workshop, Wipro technologies conducted at NHCE, Bangalore 20th and 24th October 2009.
CONFERENCES / SEMINARS / SYMPOSIUM
- Participated in the International Conference on Data Science in Biology (ICDSB) 2020, which included ICDSB workshop (online), on 3rd to 8th September 2020
- Participated in international webinar on advances in Microbiological Research from 17th to 20th August 2020 organized by Department of Microbiology, Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore.
- Participated in webinar on Drug discovery- Probable approaches to combat COVID-19 on 7th August 2020 organized by Department of Zoology, St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore-27
- Participated in five day international webinar on advances in Biological Neural Networks on 28th July to 1st August 2020 at Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore.
- Participated in 1st International conference on Life, Chemical and Health Science (ICLCHS) organized by Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore from 24th to 26th 2019.
- Participated in the 1st world entrepreneurship summit on 2nd Feb 2019 at New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Participated in the seminar Science vocational education perspective of industry and academia on 22nd July 2018, JananaJyothi Auditorium, central college campus, Bangalore.
- Presented poster in the National seminar on innovation, IPR and entrepreneurial opportunities in Biotechnology on 29th to 31st July 2018, Department of Biotechnology, SirMVIT, Bangalore.
- Presented paper “Eco friendly Bioplastic formulation from agro waste” National conference on emerging trends in science and technology, Sapthagiri college of Engineering, 12th May 2015
- Resource person, seminar cum workshop on computational biology applications held at Maharani Lakshmi Ammani College for women Bangalore, 14 to 15 February 2014.
- Participated in Conference on Recent advance in computational drug design held at J N tata auditorium, IISC Bangalore 16th to 17th September 2013
- Presented paper “Protective effect of fagonia Arabica against Isoprotrenol induced Myocardial infraction in Sprague Dawley rat model” in international symposium on Innovation in free radical research and experimental therapeutics, Karunya University 7th to 9th December 2011.
- Presented a paper “Molecular modelling of protein by using Swiss modeller” Recent trends in plant science, National conference 1st and 2nd February 2008, St Joesphs College , Bangalore
- Participated in one day seminar on applied Bioinformatics on 15th July 2006, VittalMallya Scientific Research foundation.
- Participated in the one day symposium on recent trends in Biotechnology and Downstream processing on 25th November 2006 at Department of Biotechnology, SIT Tumkur
- Participated in the Indo- Australian conference on Biotechnology in infectious disease held at MAHE, Manipal- 1st to 3rd March 2005.
- Participated in international conference on problem and prospective of IT professional in the new millennium IT expo 13th to 16th January 2002, CIST, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Guided research project “Enabling villages to have access to global market through an e-commerce app- Mobifarm (AgriKart)” Funded by UBA. MHRD, 2018-2019.
- Guided KSCST student project programme during the year 2013-2014, 37th series completed the project entitled extraction, characterization and electrospinning of keratin from chicken feathers and human hair for their eco-friendly reuse - an approach to bio-waste treatment and its management.
- Guided KSCST student project programme during the year 2012-2013, 36th series completed the project entitled Extraction of polysaccharides from vegetable wastes-chemical and physical analysis for their eco-friendly re-use.
- As a mentor for NPTEL online certification course Applications of interactomics using Genomics and Proteomics Technologies, February- April 2019
- Completed online certificate NPTEL course Applications of interactomics using Genomics and Proteomics Technologies, February- April 2019.
- Completed online certificate NPTEL course Bioinformatics: Algorithms and Applications, January- April 2018.