DR. JAYASHREE D.R
- Qualifications: M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed., Ph.D
- Department: Department of Botany, Biotech & Applied Genetics
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Email: email@example.com
- In 2012 from 11th -13th Apr participated in National Conference on ‘Recent Advances in Health, Agriculture and Environmental Biotechnology’ and presented an oral paper titled ”Biochemical Screening of Selected Medicinal Plants inoculated with Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi” held at MSRIT, Bangalore.
- In 2012, from 6th-8th Sep participated in International Conference on 4th International Conference on Medicinal and Herbal Products for an oral presentation titled: “Neurochemical Screening of Mycorrhizal inoculated Medicinal Plants”. Held at John Hopkins University, Washington DC, USA.
- In 2009, participated in the National Conference on” Medicinal Biotechnology and Clinical Research” held at J.N.TATA Auditorium, IISc.Campus, Bangalore, jointly organized by MSRIT and MVIT.
- In 2009, participated and presented an oral presentation at International Conference titled:” Association Of Arbuscular Mycorrhizae in Medicinal Plants”, in the 4th Global Summit on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants held at Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- In 2009, participated in a workshop on “Human cytogenetics and Karyotyping” organized by Department of Biotechnology/Botany/Applied; Genetics, MSRCASC, Bangalore held;n collaboration with M.S.Ramaiah Medical college.
- In 2007, participated in the workshop on VI SemesterB.Sc., syllabus in Botany for College Teachers held in the Department of Botany, JnanaBharathi Campus, Bangalore-University, Bangalore.
- In 2006, participated in the workshop on V Semester B.Sc., syllabus in Botany for College Teachers held in the Department of Botany, JnanaBharathi Campus, Bangalore-University, Bangalore.
- In the year 2002 participated in a workshop on “Biotechnology Awareness on Bioterrorism” conducted at SSMRV college Auditorium, Jayanagar, Bangalore organized by the ‘Foundation for Biotechnology Awareness and Education’.
- In 2010, attended “Faculty Development Programm/In-house Symposium” conducted by MSRCASC in collaboration with MARINER(M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Nursing Education and Research).
- In 2009, attended a symposium on “Biotechnology for Modern Medicine” at PESIT, organized by Department of Biotechnology, PESIT, Bangalore.
- In 2008, participated in Technical Symposium on “Recent Advances in Medicinal Biotechnology, organized by Department of Biotechnology, MSRIT Auditorium, Bangalore.
- In the year 2007, participated in a symposium BIOBLOOMS 2007 on “Biology and the Environment” held at MSRIT organized by MSRCASC, Bangalore.
- In 2008, attended National Seminar on Instructional Designs held at M.S.Ramaiah college of Education, organized by M.S.Ramaiah college of Education, Bangalore.
- Chaired the technical session of “INDIAN HOLISTIC MEDICAL ACADEMY, held at Bharathi Vidya Bhavan, Bangalore 15th Sep 2012.
- In 2012, participated in the National Science Day 2012 celebrations to commemorate 125th Birth Anniversary of Sri. Srinivasa Ramanujan and International Year for Sustainable Energy for all- 2012, organized by MSRCASC, Bangalore.
- In 2007, attended a Field Training for two days to understand the Dynamics of Ecosystem in Bio-Diversity Park, jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore.
- In the year 2006, undertook two weeks, Training Programme in” Recombinant DNA Technology”, at Shreedhar Bhat’s laboratory, Banashankari, Bangalore.
- In the year 2004, participated in the Training “Programme On Students Mental Health and Neuro Sciences”, Bangalore.
- In 2003, undergone short duration (10days) training on Horticulture at Horticulture Training Centre, Department of Horticulture, Lalbagh, Bangalore.
- In 1990 completed Camel Cryin” Beginner’s Course Training in B+ grade”, organized by Camel Cryin Fabric colors, Bombay.
- In 1989, attended a one-week training course in Domestic Preservation of Fruits, Vegetables and Nutrition conducted at the Food and Nutrition Extension Centre, Bangalore, organized by Government Of India, Ministry of Food and Civil Supplies, Department of Food, Food and Nutrition Board.
Other Academic Activities
Convenor for UG and PG internal test &Examination, Sports committee, Cultural committee(2014)
Presently a member of Sports Committee, 2012. MSRCASC.
- In 2011, participated at ‘Teacher’s Trove’ -2011,in the panel at discussion on “Best practices in Educational Institution”,conducted by Garden city College and won second Prize in the event ‘Ethnic Wear’ and First Prize in the event ‘Group Dance’, Bangalore, supported by Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka.
- In 2011, worked as an in charge to conduct Drawing, Sketching and Painting Competition for National Science Day and also for Women,s Day
- Chief Proctor for both UG and PG sections from 2009-2010and 2010-2011.
- In 2010, member of the Cultural committee.
- In 2009, underwent an Experiential Learning Techniques Programme” Bridging the Gap”, held at ‘Break Through’, Bangalore.
- From 2009, a member of Youth Red Cross Wing at MSRCASC.
- Worked as a Proctor for IPUC 2000-2002, UG-Proctor from2002-2009.