- Qualifications: MSc, K-SET, PhD
- Department: Department of Biotechnology / Genetics
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Years of Experience: 5 Years (Teaching), 7 Years (Research) & 1.5 Years (Industry)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worked in a DST major Research Project entitled” Neuroprotective effects of Decalepis hamiltonii”, 2012-2015 , (Amt: 20.4 lakhs)
- Worked in a minor project entitled “Impact of exercise and dietary supplementation of root extract of Decalepis hamiltonii and antioxidant system in aging rat brain” , 2010-2011
- Delivered a lecture on “Swine-flu” at Malleshwaram Ladies Association college, Bengaluru in September 2009.
- Swimming exercise and dietary supplementation of Hemidesmus indicus modulates cognitive decline by enhancing brain – derived neurotrophic factor expression in rats. (2019)9.
- Decalepis hamiltonii and its bioactive compounds protects isoproterenol – induced myocardial oxidative stress in rats. Pharmacognozy magazine. (2019) 15:S1-S8.
- Decalepis hamiltonii protects H9c2 cells against H2O2 induced oxidative stress and apoptosis through modulating antioxidant status. Medicinal Plants. (2019)11: 87-94.
- Modulatory effects of Decalepis hamiltonii and its isolated compounds on the antioxidant status of the aging rat brain. J Pharm Bioall Sci. (2017)9:8-15.
- Age-related changes in the brain antioxidant status: modulation by dietary supplementation of Decalepis hamiltonii and physical exercise. Cell. Biochem. (2016) 419:103–113
- Studies on ellagic acid and 4-hydroxyisophthalic acid isolated from swallow root (Decalepis hamiltonii). Int. J. Phar. Pharmaceutical Sci. (2016) 8: 278-285
- Antioxidant Activity of Hemidesmus Indicus (L.) R.Br. Encapsulated poly (lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) Nanoparticles. IOSR-JPBS. 2016, 11:9-7
- Green synthesis of Cerium oxide nanoparticles using Acacia catechu extract: characterization and in vitro evaluation. Trends in Life Sci. 2013, (1 & 2) : 1-11
Seminars/Workshops/Conferences / FDP – Attended
- Participated in “National Science Day” conducted on 12th March, 2018 on the theme “Science and Technology for Sustainable Future” jointly organized by Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce and Karnataka Science and Technology Academy held at Apex Block Auditorium, MSRIT campus.
- Attended and presented an oral on “Surya Narmaskar” at National Science Women’s Congress Association on 6th and 7th November 2017.
- Attended and presented an oral at “International conference on recent trends in Biotechnology and Biodiversity conservation for sustainable development” from 26th to 29th of September 2017 at Le Meridien Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.
- Attended and presented an oral at “Stress and Health: frontiers of Research in stress related diseases and management (SHDM- 2015)” on 12th and 13th February 2015 at Maharani’s Science college for women, Bengaluru.
- Attended and presented a poster at “Symposium on Healthy lifestyle and Human welfare” 18th-19th November, 2014 at Jnana bharathi campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru.
- Attended and presented an oral at “International conference on current status, opportunities and challenges in medicinal plants and natural product research” 24th and 26th September 2014, at Uka Tarsadia University, Bardoli, Gujarat.
- Attended and presented progress in the project before the subject expert committee in Group Monitoring Workshop under Women Scientist Scheme of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi, during July 24-26, 2014 held at Sophitorium Institute of Technology and Lifeskills, Jatni, Khurda, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
- Participated in National workshop on “Frontiers in cell biology and biotechnology” held at Bangalore University, Bengaluru, on December 28th and 29th, 2012.
- Attended and presented a poster at “12th International congress of Ethanopharmacology – Traditional medicines and globalization- The future of ancient systems of medicine” “held at Science city, Kolkata from February 17th -19th, 2012.
- Participated in workshop on “Use of statistical softwares in biological research” held in the Department of Biotechnology, Jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru, on 6th and 7th of August 2011.
- Participated in workshop on “Access to information for teaching and research and R3 access user meet” held at Bangalore University on 29th January 2011.
- Organized yoga day celebrations on 21st June 2018 (part of curricular activity for MBA students)
- Qualified “Yoga siri prabodha patra exam” and “Yoga bhushana prabodha patra examination” with Gold medals held on 6-2-2016 organized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi, S-Vyasa Yoga University, Bengaluru, Sri Vedavyasa Yoga Foundation (R), Mysore, Government of India.
- Attended and participated in the “Foundation course in Yoga Science for Wellness” from 5-9-2015 to 5-2-2016, organized by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Morarji Desai National Institue of Yoga, New Delhi, S-Vyasa Yoga University, Bengaluru, Sri Vedavyasa Yoga Foundation (R), Mysore, Government of India , in collaboration with Sadhana Yoga Spiritual centre, Nelamangala.
- Society of Biological Chemists (India)
- The Indian Science Congress Association
Areas of Research interest